Tilapia Foil Packet with Shrimp, Mushrooms, Cherry Tomatoes, Zucchini and Asparagus
2014 “Halo” Viognier
- Four 6-ounce tilapia fillets or your favorite white fish
- 8 butterflied large shrimp
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Meyers lemon, squeezed or 2 limes squeezed
- 16 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Zucchini or Italian Squash sliced into quarter inch slices
- 8 Asparagus stocks, cut diagonally in one inch pieces
- 4 Medium to large cremini or white mushrooms sliced
- 2 small shallots, minced
- 2 teaspoons of chopped fresh thyme
- 1 small bunch of chopped fresh basil approx. 8 leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried red pepper flake
- 1/2 thinly sliced sweet white onion, we like Vidalia onions
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
- 1 – pound of angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup of olive oil for pasta
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt for pasta
- Small bunch of fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- Freshly grated or shaved parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Preheat pasta water in a large stockpot according to manufactures instructions.
Lay each fillet out on its own piece of foil with two butterflied shrimp on top. The foil should be a four inches longer than the fillet. Drizzle olive oil on one side of the foil and each fillet.
Mix the garlic, lemon juice, tomatoes, zucchini, asparagus, shallots, sweet white onion, thyme, basil, oregano, dried red pepper flake and a pinch of salt and pepper in a large bowl. Top each fillet with the tomato mixture. Fold foil over the fillet and roll up the edges to create a tight seal. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
In your large pot of boiling water add your favorite pasta and cook according to the directions on the package.
Strain pasta and portion into bowls or onto plates.
To serve, remove tilapia and veggies from the foil and place over pasta and drizzle remaining sauce over the fish then garnish with chopped parsley, and freshly grated or shaved parmesan cheese.