Bow Tie Pasta with Sautéed Mushrooms, Artichoke Hearts, and Asparagus
2011 “Ascendance” Cab/Merlot Blend
4 to 6 Servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups of fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 6 stocks of green asparagus cut into diagonal bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup of your favorite tomato or red pasta sauce
- ¼ cup of heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup of canned California Black Ripe Olives, sliced
- 1 – 12-oz can or jar of artichoke hearts packed in water, drained and quartered.
- 1 rounded tablespoon of minced garlic
- 6 – 8 – basil leaves, sliced thin
- Salt and pepper for seasoning mushrooms
- 1 pound bow tie or angel hair pasta
- ¼ cup of olive oil for pasta
- ¼ teaspoon of salt for pasta
- small bunch of fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- freshly grated or shaved parmesan cheese
In a large pot preheat your pasta water adding ¼ cup of olive oil and ¼ teaspoon of salt according to the directions on your favorite pasta.
In a large skillet sauté butter and sliced mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes until the mushrooms have browned. Add vegetable or chicken stock, strained artichoke hearts, sliced black olives, cut asparagus, garlic and tomato sauce cook for an additional 2 minutes.
In your large pot of boiling water add your favorite pasta and cook according to the directions on the package.
In your large skillet add the diced tomatoes, cut basil and heavy whipping cream. Increase the heat to moderately high and fold in until blended approximately 4 minutes. Once heated through remove from heat.
Strain pasta and portion into bowls or plates.
Liberally portion sauce over pasta and garnish with parsley and freshly grated or shaved parmesan cheese.