Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Sautéed Mushrooms, Chicken and Brie
2014 “Siren Rose” / 2012 “Trinity” GSM
We love to find just the perfect food pairing and we think this one will knock your socks off. Rose is one of the most versatile wines in the world. We like to serve this wine with fresh goat or Manchego cheeses, salmon, duck, pheasant, goose, pork, turkey and pasta. However the classic pairing of cheese and charcuterie makes this wine sing and we have just the recipe for you. Make this hearty sandwich, open a bottle and dream of sunnier days to come.
Four (4) Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Sautéed Mushrooms, Chicken and Brie
- Small sauté pan.
- Panini-style Electric grill (or) Grill Pan with Lid.
- Sharp Vegetable Knife
- Butter Knife
- 1 Loaf of 3 cheese bread sliced into eight 3/4″ thick pieces. We like La Brea three cheese Semolina bread.
- 8 ounces of Cremini mushrooms sliced into 1/4” thick slices. You can purchase pre-sliced mushrooms for convenience.
- 1 pinch of dried parsley.
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil for sautéing your mushrooms.
- 1 cup of your favorite 4 cheese blend. We like Sargento 4 cheese Mexican blend.
- 1 5oz Package of brie cheese. We like Alouette Crème de Brie for ease and spreadability.
- 1 chicken leg quarter with thigh shredded into small pieces. We like rotisserie legs and thighs for this recipe.
- Canola non-stick cooking spray.
- Butter is not used for this recipe.
- Preheat your Sauté pan with 1 tablespoon of canola oil. Add mushrooms and parsley once your pan is heated and sautè your mushrooms until they are a nice golden brown.
- Preheat your panini electric grill or grill pan once your mushrooms are finished.
- Cut your three (3) cheese bread into eight 3/4” slices for your sandwiches.
- Spread the crème de brie cheese on one-side of four (4) of your eight slices cheese bread.
- Top the brie side of your sandwich with four to six sautéed mushroom “slices”.
- Layer approx. one tablespoon of your shredded chicken leg and thigh meat on-top of your sandwich.
- Sprinkle approx. one tablespoon of your shredded 4 cheese blend onto your sandwich and then top with your remaining slice of bread.
- Spray the top and bottom of your sandwich with canola non-stick cooking spray.
- Grill your sandwich until its a nice golden brown approx. 5 minutes in your panini maker or 3-4 minutes per-side in your covered grill pan.
- Cut into two diagonal pieces and enjoy!
- Tip: We like to place our sandwiches on a cooling rack in a preheated oven at 250 degrees while we finish making the rest of our sandwiches.